Ghore Ghore Bidyut
Electricity to Every House
Electricity is one of the driving forces for socio-economic development. It also contributes a lot of GDP and poverty eradication. This project aims to provide electricity supply to every house of the country to ensure socio-economic term in 2009Sheikh Hasina brought about a revolutionary progress in electricity generation, transmission and distribution system. Her farsighted and firm leadership helped electricity light reach everywhere in the country. Today electricity is also being produced from solar, windmill and biogas system. Beside the country's first nuclear power plant is also bring to add power to the national grid.
- As prime Minister took charge in 1999, the electricity generation was only 3,268 mega watt. Now the generation capacity reaches up to 15,379 mega watt.
- 81 new power plants have been setup. 15 plants are now under construction and quotations have been invited for the construction of 41 more plants.
- More than 10 million clients have got electricity connection in the last 7 years.
- 20 million more people have brought under electricity facility by providing them with solar electricity.
- Power sector development progress has resulted in positive effect on infrastructure, agriculture and manufacturing sector. It has also generated new employment.
- As per 7th Five Year Plan (2016-2020), 96% electricity coverage with 23,000 MW production will be ensured by the year 2020.
- Ensuring 2,000 MW electricity production from Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant by 2024.
- Establish solar panels at the educational institutions in electrified area on priority basis.